Saturday, July 15, 2006

Trip Report Day Nine

(Okay, now most of you may think, wait this was supposed to be 10 days in Italy! But remember that the first two days really merged into one, so I sort of miscounted. Thanks for patiently waiting for me to post all this!)

Day Nine: Monday, July 3, 2006
The alarm went off at 6:15 AM. That’s waaaaay too early. I was smart and had everything ready to go, all my shower stuff ready for me in the bathroom so I didn’t have to think. I didn’t want to get up at all, but I dragged my tired self out of the bed. This was a nice hotel. The bathroom and shower was great. I think I took at least a twenty minute shower. We went down for breakfast. I’d say it ranked up there on best breakfasts of the trip. Scrambled eggs and real bacon, plus the usual meats, cheese, granola, yogurt, hard rolls, and croissants.

We had about 10 minutes to eat before they started loaded the bus to the airport. It was all over so fast. What a beautiful, fun, magical trip. {uuunnhh} Molte bellisimo.

I met lots of people and made many new friends who I hope to keep up with. My roommates, Susan, Kim and Sandra, were great, my bus buddy Theo made a fun travel companion who could keep up with me, all the musicians were great to play with, and David Spencer was a great director who made it joy to perform.

ITALY TRIP TOP QUOTES
1. “Harriet needs staff”
2. “Tir-ty minutes.”
3. “Mozzarella.”
4. {uuuunnhh}
5. “Grazie. Prego.”
6. “Keep your hand on your schtuff.”
7. And the related: “Hold on to your Euro.”
8. “Sandra stop.”
9. “Theo Romeo Vernoni” (Tay-o Ro-may-o)
10. “God Bless America” (My personal favorite quote overheard by Harriet when she got on the bus after the particularly disgusting hole of a bathroom visit outside of Venice)

1 Comments:

At 7/16/2006 5:32 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Hey, the pictures aren't working for some reason... but nice posts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home