Friday, May 02, 2008

Thanks

Thanks for the inspiration.

I am thankful for many things.

I'm thankful for my clever children. I'm proud of them, the redheads and non-redheads alike.

I'm thankful for the opportunity I have to go back to college, and for a husband who totally supports that. I'm thankful that this old brain can still remember a thing or too.

I'm thankful for poetry. No, really. I am. I like it! Words are so cool.

I'm thankful for beautiful things, for art, nature and lampshades.

I'm thankful for the music in my life, for pop music and jazz, for classical and baroque. I'm thankful for French augmented chords and for mm7 chords and for the Tristan chord, even though I'm not really into Wagner. Did you know TS Eliot was?

I'm thankful for the cutest granddaughter ever. I'm thankful that she will climb up into my lap and let me read to her.

I'm thankful that my son-in-law is days away from graduating after diligently working through three grueling years of law school.

I'm thankful that PF Changs has come to my town.

I'm thankful for chocolate fudge pudding.

And I'm thankful for my life, warped as it is.

1 Comments:

At 5/02/2008 10:07 AM, Blogger Becca said...

You're right, the French augmented sixths are totally better than the Italian or German ones.
When are you going to come see your granddaughter?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home