Friday, August 03, 2007

band geeks

This past week I've spent some time being a band geek. And learning that my last kid is truly a band geek, too. I say *geek* in the sincerest and nicest sense of the word. ;-)

I had a lot of fun teaching and playing with and directing the flute sectionals. They are a great bunch of teens. We had a flute party at my house last night. What goes on in flute sectionals stays in flute sectionals.

Josh surprised me by saying he was going to be in the contest band. He said he decided to do it because it was so much fun marching. BAND GEEK! Then last night he came home from band camp wiped out, but saying "That was SO much fun!" BAND GEEK! It's been great for him. So far, high school has been a wonderful experience for him. He's made tons of new friends.

So all my kids are/were band geeks. Even Kristen, who dropped out of band, was still a band geek at heart. She just hated marching band. I've done my job as a mother!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home