Saturday, June 16, 2007

I'm Going on a Trip and I'm going to take an...

...Apple.

One of those games we've played in the car on long car trips is the "I'm going on a trip and I'm going to take a..." and you say something that starts with the letter "A". The next person does the letter "B" and then says the letter "A", and so on until the last turn the person say something that starts with the letter "Z" and has to remember everything mentioned back to "A".

We're going on a trip and we're going to take "apples to apples", barbecue potato chips, candy, dramimine, earbuds (my new Sony pink ones, pink so the boys won't steal them), flipflops, gameboy ds, honda pilot, ice, jam, Kristen, luggage, maps, nylon rope, orange juice, pop tarts, quarters for pay showers, ravioli (thank goodness for chef- boy-r-dee), sheets, toothbrush and toothpaste, umbrella, veggies to munch on, water, xylophone (okay, just kidding... you find something you take camping that starts with an "X"!), yogurt, ziploc baggies.

Packing for a two week long camping trip takes way more time than you think. I decided when we are near civilization, we'll eat out. That will save on the food packing. The kids are old enough to pack for themselves, so that helps there. I've got most of the food ready to go, supplies like paper towels and water bottles, and various games, reading material, etc. I need to get my suitcase packed! So much to do, so little time.

I did notice that there are a lot of techno items on our packing lists. DVD's, gameboy, cell phones, laptops, ipods, digital camera's, batteries, power inverters, dvd player, etc. You can tell we aren't primitive camping! Our camper even has air conditioning, providing our campsite has electricity. I know the national parks don't.

Here's where we are going:
Grand Canyon
Bryce Canyon
Provo, Utah
SLC, Utah
maybe: Vernal, Utah (Dinosaur National Park)
Rocky Mountain National Park

Lot's of fun, lots of driving, lots of time in a car in the middle of nowhere. Lots of time for sibling bonding. I can only hope!

One of my friends said: "have fun on your trip. Maybe something exciting will happen and will all turn into a great adventure!" Here's hoping for fun adventures, not the car breaks down and we end up spending a week in Amarillo, TX adventures.

2 Comments:

At 6/19/2007 9:20 AM, Blogger Mrs. Olsen said...

That's going to be a REALLY fun trip!

 
At 6/22/2007 2:48 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Sounds like fun. We were going to do the drive across country thing, but with changing jobs, I just didn't have enough vacation time to do it right. Instead, we're going to spend a week in California (LA and San Diego - for Comic Con).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home