Saturday, August 09, 2008

08.08.08

Today's cool date will never happen again in my lifetime.

Where am I on today's cool date? I'm in Kansas City which, by the way, is not in Kansas. I'm staying downtown at the Westin. It's a very nice hotel.

I'm attending the National Flute Convention. It is flute heaven. I've tried different flutes (not for me, but for my students so I can recommend flutes)... (okay I confess, I did try the $13,000 and $15,000 Haynes flutes), anyway, I've bought music, listened to some very good flute playing, some amazing virtuostic flute playing, some mediocre flute playing, and some interesting piccolo playing. I've been to several classes from performance anxiety, to flying fingers, to problems of "maturing" flutists. I've walked alot, eaten at a couple of really nice places, stayed up too late, and have actually found a few minutes to practice.

I'm on my way to a concert. This sure is fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home