Saturday, September 13, 2008

Feelings, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa Feelings...

I really hated that song. But anyway, I read a good quote from another blog recently about feelings that really hit home.

Here is perhaps the best advice my mother ever gave me: "Never tell yourself 'I shouldn't be feeling this way.'" Feelings are feelings. That's what they're there for. (It's actions that get us in trouble.) We can't help feelings, and we shouldn't try to. They may not always be positive, or pleasant, but they can give us lots of useful information, and they are, no matter what, part of who we are. L Harris

2 Comments:

At 9/15/2008 8:49 AM, Blogger Kiki said...

Good quote!

It made me think of the Sunday School class I was in yesterday. We have a relationships class(not just dating and marriage), so I though I'd check it out. The lesson was about self-esteem, and it was so great. I think I might need to keep going to that class.

And yes! You should definitely get Rock Band for the Wii! It is the best game! 4 people can play at once, 2 on guitar and bass, one on drums, and one on vocals. I love it! I can even play the drums on Easy mode!

 
At 9/15/2008 2:15 PM, Blogger Anna said...

What a great quote! It's totally true!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home