Friday, August 11, 2006

opposite day

Interesting conversation in our house:

Kristen (telling a joke): Teacher: What are the Great Plains? Pupil: 747, Con-kerd and F-16!
Bryan: It's Con-cord
Mom (who overheard this and said from another room): That's the first time that's ever happened!

If you know my kids well, you are laughing out loud right now. If you don't, let me explain. Kristen is the linguist major, the word freak, the diction expert.
Bryan is, well, not. In fact, Kristen keeps a "Bryan Dictionary" on words that Bryan mispronouces. So it was amusing to see the tables turned!

1 Comments:

At 8/13/2006 12:41 AM, Blogger Obliviocelot said...

Good story! I don't know your kids, but I laughed anyway. This story reminds me of my own family. Thanks for brightening my day a little bit.

PS - You may be interested to know that I'm an linguist major myself and came across your blog while I was searching for an Alabaman blog for a class project. I still read it, though, because the things you write make me smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home