Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Life's Little Irritations (blogger's block cured)

So I was driving down the road and I looked at my hands and there's this black stuff all over my fingers. I've noticed it before but never realized where it was coming from. It looks like a black ball point pen leaked and got on my hand. I finally figured out it was coming from my steering wheel. It is so hot outside that when I park my car in the sun it actually melts part of my steering wheel, and comes off on my hands. Irritating. Just a little irritation that's part of life.

Then as I turned the corner there's a road closed sign going into my subdivision. So I turn the other way and go in the back way. There's another road closed! They are repaving the main road through my subdivision! Another irritation. Voila! Something to blog about. Things that irritate me. (I drove around the sign and made it home.)

I went to the gym again today. Yay for me! For five weeks I have been faithful. I lift weights three times a week and do cardio for 45 minutes to an hour, at least three times a week. I stepped on the scales and I'VE GAINED WEIGHT!!! What's up with that? I know muscle weighs more than fat, yada yada yada. But I want a payoff! Another irritation, this one more in line with life's major irritations.

Bryan calls. Why? Guess. Yes, he needs more money. I wanted to challenge him right then and there to call me at least once a week and NOT ask for money. I am not a bank. I know we made a deal that we would pay for books and food, but gosh, college books are expensive!

And... and...

And the strawberries were stale in my Special K Cereal.

And somebody drank all the skim milk before even opening the 1%.

And I wanted to go out to lunch with a friend, but a meeting got in the way.

Time to step back and look at the "BIG PICTURE".

At least I have a car to drive.
At least I am healthy.
At least we have the money to send two kids to college.
At least I have food to eat.
And last, but not least, at least I have friends!

3 Comments:

At 8/30/2006 9:16 AM, Blogger Becca said...

At least you're not pregnant :)

 
At 8/30/2006 11:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

And I think you're looking very fit lately, regardless of actual weight.

 
At 8/31/2006 12:03 PM, Blogger word sneezer said...

thanks guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home