Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween

This morning on the radio there was a commentator talking about the way Halloween has been taken over by adults. He said it's nothing but tackiness and that putting on a masks and costumes increases uninhibitedness. (Is that a word?) He also said he's noticed how the couple of days before Halloween at the stores is just as bad as it is around Christmas.

I've always liked Halloween, and I guess there is some sort of fun in putting on a different persona, giving you liberty to act differently. And there's the candy! The chocolate Mommy tax I imposed on all my children is one of the best perks.

Today my friend and I dressed up for seminary. She was the devil and I was an angel. She brought the wings and halo and told me to put them on. She put on the horns and the red tail. I'm not sure if we didn't get it backwards.

The Twopeas blog challenge today is: Since it's Halloween and all.. let's talk horror movies.. do you like watching them? If you do, what are some of your faves? and why??? I do NOT like scary movies. Not the modern scary movies at least. I grew up watching the old black and white ones, like Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Dracula, The Pit and the Pendulum, etc. Pretty tame compared with the past 20 years, like Friday the 13th, Chainsaw Massacre, House of Wax, etc. I did watch a few that scared the bejeezers out of me (like Rosemary's Baby) when I was a teenager, but I can't handle those anymore. My favorite scary movies now are probably more in the suspense genre like What Lies Beneath and The Sixth Sense. No slasher movies for me. And if it's rated R, forget it.

Another friend sent me some funny Halloween pics. Here are a few of my favorites:






HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home