Monday, December 18, 2006

Longest Concert Evah

Okay not *evah*. Some of those Grissom concerts were extremely long.

But I did just get back from the longest concert I've been to in a long time, preceded by a PTA meeting (no comment necessary. There were eleven different ensembles of various band and choir combinations on the program. It was actually not that bad though. Sitting next to Bryan provided me with a humorous running commentary on various band and choir flubs and trivia. (She was NOT wearing brown socks after all! Way to figure out why "We Five Kings" was called that! It's in 5/4 time.)

Josh's band was wonderful. They get a great tone for a middle school band. They performed a pared down version of the Nutcracker Suite. Josh fell in love with the piece and made me find our cd of it. He listens to it every night. He wishes his band could play the real one so he'd get that cool bass clarinet solo in the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy.

I'm glad my kids like a variety of music. I've trained them well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home