Monday, December 11, 2006

Magazine Mania

I was going through my magazines, purging old issues, and I realized I love magazines. I love reading information, seeing pleasing design on pages, yes, even advertising pages. There are design ideas everywhere. But can a person have too many magazine subscriptions? Here's our list:
  • Muse
  • Smithsonian
  • The Ensign
  • New Era
  • Flute Talk
  • Reader's Digest
  • Simple Scrapbooks
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Papercraft
  • Memory Makers
  • Beads
  • Scouting
  • Boy's Life
  • National Geographic Kids
  • Nickelodeon
(Simple and Backpacker recently ran out.)

And those are just the subscriptions. Sometimes I grab a magazine at the store, like Woman's Day, Family Circle, Instyle, Country Home, Scrapbooks, Etc. and Southern Living.

As I was going through and throwing out, I realized we get quite a few catalogs, like:
  • Campmor
  • Oriental Trading
  • Music123
  • Woodwind/Brasswind
  • Musician's Friend
  • ProVantage
  • Deseret Book
  • Seagull Books
  • Emergency Essentials
  • Eastbay
  • Dell
  • Office Depot
  • Scrapbook.com
And then there are the Boeing, BYU and UAH things we get in the mail. I know I'm leaving some out. No wonder they can take over my family room and kitchen in the blink of an eye!

It's said that a mailman can tell alot about a family by what type of catalogs and magazines they receive. I wonder what our list says to him?

Probably "cut back on your subscriptions, lady!" No, then he'd be out of a job!

1 Comments:

At 12/11/2006 9:45 AM, Blogger Mrs. Olsen said...

I like magazines, too. Sometimes I want to read a short story, and magazines are the best place to find them. Plus, they are often expository, and while I don't want to read a whole book to learn about something, a magazine or even a single article is perfect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home