Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Random Catch-up

I'm not usually away from the real world for this long, unless I'm in Europe and even then I think I checked in more than I have for the past week. To play catch up I'm just going to bullet point random things that have crossed my mind lately.
  • Christmas is such a big build up and then you blink and it's over.
  • I like giving presents better than getting them.
  • I did get some good gifts though... a piccolo swab, a music stand shelf thingy, two Rachel Ray cookbooks and some other goodies (including a Bama shirt and a BYU shirt from my two college students.)
  • Today is my daughter's 3rd wedding anniversary. Happy anniversary p&b!
  • Rachel Ray's term "EVOO" has made it into the Oxford American College dictionary
  • I never did find an easy way to get the Nintendo wii, so my son missed out on that one.
  • Gerald Ford died, and I know the guy who (I think) will play taps on the bugle at his funeral.
  • Shreveport is a LONG way from home, but didn't take as long as I thought it would because it's interstate the whole way. (Right now we are in a hotel just outside of Shreveport)
  • Bryan liked getting a present that wasn't even for him. (I gave him the tickets to the Independence Bowl and told him it really wasn't for him even though it was for him. Made complete sense to me!) He's playing the the Million Dollar Band from Alabama so he didn't need a ticket, but he did want us to come and watch him. Seeing the football game is a bonus, maybe. Or maybe not. :-)
  • I like Godiva's Double Chocolate Cheesecake, but half a piece is plenty.
  • I'm sick of sugar.
  • I took a lady who has cancer to get a bone scan yesterday and I felt like I was the one who was being served. She has such a positive attitude and lifted my spirits.
  • I like Christmas lights, done right.
  • My youngest is growing into a real teenager. AHHHHH!
  • What IS the difference between sweet midget pickles and sweet gherkin pickles?
  • I like roasted turkey breast. I fixed a real home cooked Christmas Day dinner for the first time in years this year. Yumminess.
  • I actually made 6 gifts this year. Homemade crafty gifts. Painted gingerbread men boxes, two scrapbooks (one big 50th anniversary scrapbook for the in-laws, and a smaller mini book that I actually haven't given away yet!) and one scarf for Kristen.
  • The scrapbook wasn't finished until Christmas Eve eve.
  • When I was a kid I loved Christmas Eve eve. It was fun to have a holiday sounding name for a day that isn't really a holiday.
  • I think we got 16 dvds for Christmas. That's a lot of hours in front of the tv.
  • I like romantic comedies.
  • I'm still 70 hits away from 5000 hits on my blog. I still want to know who reads my blog. Everyone. Even clarinet players.
  • I want to learn to play the clarinet.
  • If I go back to school I need to decide NOW.
  • It will take me three years to graduate with a degree in music.
  • I will have to take a math class. YUCK.
  • And chemistry or physics. Double YUCK.
  • But I also get to take an art or theatre class. Yay!
  • I'll be mostly taking music classes.
  • I think I'm over using this bullet thing.
  • Sorry.
  • I was very happy to have all of my kids home for Christmas. It's great being together as a family, if not always a happy family.
  • All my kids hooked up together on a network playing Starcraft is NOT what Christmas is all about.
  • At least they were together though.
  • I like being a mom to such great kids.
  • I still like Tetris.
  • I'm going to stop now.

1 Comments:

At 12/28/2006 6:04 PM, Blogger Mrs. Olsen said...

I read your blog, but I think you already knew that... And I think you should go back to school!!!! My mom really liked it. Well, most of the time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home