Monday, August 27, 2007

Beginning the Second Week

Beginning the second week of school is much less stressful than beginning that first week. The first day was, wow... overwhelming. At the end of the day I was ready to quit this whole mom goes back to college thing.

But now, after the calming influence of a weekend, I can see that I can do it.

Two research papers? No sweat. Both teachers have them torn into bite size pieces. MLA? I have the book. Topics? Interesting enough. "The Effects of the Reformation on Religious Music" for Western Civ (I got to choose) and something on Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde for English Lit Comp. I can live with those.

Music Theory Part 2? Not as big a deal as I thought it would be. Sure it's been twenty*cough-cough* years since I had part one. I'm pretty much understanding it all, although I don't have all the voicing and cadence rules memorized. Yet. But hey, I get 6/4 cadences and can identify passing, cadential and pedal easily.

Wind Ensemble and lessons? Already acclimated to those from last semester.

Music Tech? Harder than I thought it would be, but only with time concerns. The projects are very interesting to me so I probably will (and have) end up spending more time on them than the teacher expects.

Time Management for pulling school, family life and my flute teaching altogether? That has yet to be determined. I will have no time for a social life, not that it ever took up much time in my life anyway. I do have to attend at least 8 concerts, so there we go. There's my social life! It's not like I'm stuck inside the house all day. In fact, my life has been more social since I started this college gig!

1 Comments:

At 8/27/2007 7:13 PM, Blogger Becca said...

I knew you'd do just fine in Music Theory. It's more the scheduling that's difficult rather than the classes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home