Friday, August 26, 2005

Random things about me...

When I use a public restroom I always choose the first stall because supposedly it is the cleanest because nobody usually picks that one.

I try not to, but I get my feelings hurt pretty easily.

I love scrapbooking. I love the creative process of it. I love how it helps you in remembering past times, comtemplating life, the joy and pains, the whole package. I love the way I feel when I create a layout that just works. It makes me happy;

I think all things happen in 3's, like if I see a car accident, I’ll see two more in the next few days.

I have a fascination with the Regency Period of England.

I don't like nuts on my ice cream.

When I create, I make a mess that takes longer to clean up than it did to finish the project.

I love Lucky Charms.

My guilty pleasure movies are Moulin Rouge and Down with Love. Do you detect a theme here? Yes, Ewan McGregor is hot!

I love Scottish accents. (see above!)

I have an obsessive personality. When I get into something, I end up spending ALL my time on it and spending waaay too much money. Life around me ceases to exist.

When I start a good book, it's hard to put it down, and I will stay up into 2 or 3 in the morning to finish it. (Which is why I don't read many books when I'm teaching early morning seminary!)

I like the wind, a balmy wind, not a chilled to the bone wind. I once stood out on a dock on a lake when a storm was coming through. The wind was blowing so hard I could lean into it and it would support my weight. It was way cool.

I like my steaks well-done, or cremated, as my dad used to say.

Having a full manicure and pedicure is next to heaven. (Okay, I've only had it done once, but it was wonderful!!!)

Yeah, I've got a little thing about exclamation marks... I use them way too much!!!

I am very afraid of wasps.

I am a space cadet. I forget lots of things. Appointments, meetings (that I planned), taking medicine, paying bills. You name it, I’ve forgot it. Well, I’ve actually never really forgotten my kids. At least not completely. Late picking them up, yes.

I fell in love with the Star Wars limited edition dark chocolate M&M's. I can’t find them anymore.

I like to go to sleep on my side with my head sandwiched between two pillows. I can’t stand the light or noise.

I don’t like waking up early in the morning, but I love being up in the morning.

I really prefer the red popsicles...purple and orange yuck.

I lost the spelling bee in the sixth grade right after I had moved to Alabama. The word was “belle” as in a “Southern Belle”. I spelled it b-e-l-l. The teacher kept prompting me to finish… saying like “the Southern Bellle wore a beautiful dress.” But all I could think of was Southern Bell the telephone company. I lost a spelling bee with an easy word “belle.” What a loser. But I did come in second place for the whole sixth grade.

I have a half brother I’ve never met.

I grew up in Florida and we always were going to beach. I love everything about the beach...the smell of the salty ocean, the feeling of sand in my toes, the sound of the waves crashing, the breeze on my skin. I love a sunset or sunrise on the beach. I love making sand castles. I just love it all!

Somebody got a hold of my yearbook in Junior High and wrote “dog” “ruff, ruff” and other ugly stuff all through it. 7th and 8th grades were not kind to me, but then I was not a pretty girl, braces and all.

Everything. Must. Match.

2 Comments:

At 8/26/2005 2:40 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Let's see... I inherited the hurt feelings one, the no nuts on ice cream one, the staying up late to finish a book one, and the waking up in the morning one (obviously). We must be related!

 
At 8/26/2005 11:27 PM, Blogger Beata said...

Oh - that's a pretty cool list.

I'm like you in some ways. I love scrapbooking (and create way too big of a mess in the process). I love the Regency period of England. Ewan McGregor IS hot (and can sing too!). I, too, have a similar obssessive personality (which goes through to books because I won't put them down until they're finished, and that's very unfortunate when I read a long one).

hehe - guess we're sorta related :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home