Wednesday, September 13, 2006

September the 13th

I went out on a lunch date with an older man. He treated me to a steak at Logan's, then took me to a beautiful, uh, park? Okay, it was a cemetery. And the older man was my dad. He wanted to show me the flowers he planted on my mom's grave. At Logan's I really want to pull out my camera and take a picture of the peanuts on the floor, but I was afraid of what people would think. (Since I started this "blog this month" challenge, I take my camera with me everywhere!)
While there I noticed the tree where I had seen baby birds in it's hollow. It thought it was at her funeral, but that was in January. Are baby birds born in January? I remember holding the girls up so they could look down in the hole and see the little chirping mouths wanting to be fed by their mother.

Outside of Logan's I saw these two sightings... a pigeon and a butterfly. The butterfly was much more cooperative for the photo shoot. And much more attractive. The pigeon was after the peanuts.



After picking up Josh from school (and being the good mom that I am), we stopped by Publix to pick up some treats. I knew he had had a hard test that day and I wanted to give him a "pick me up". So he picked out his favorites. Hey! I have NO IDEA how those mint Milano cookies got in there! Really! Hmmmm....

Google Word of the Day: tetchy: peevish; testy; irritable. (So what does that mean if someone is "tetched"???)

1 Comments:

At 9/14/2006 10:05 AM, Blogger Becca said...

So are you coming up Friday?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home