Tuesday, September 12, 2006

September 12th

What a busy, busy day. The day started off with a telephone ringing off the hook. I worked out at the gym, met a friend to run some errands, went visiting teaching, taught flute lessons, read emails, fixed dinner for us and took dinner to another family, and then had a presidency meeting. Whew! (Joshua's game was cancelled, so that was one thing I could check off my list!)

A friend from church called and asked if I wanted to help her take dinner to a family in our ward that just needed a little less stress. I knew I had a busy day ahead. I didn't think I'd have time to do it, but somehow I worked in into my
schedule. It felt good to take dinner to someone else. Of course it didn't work out how I thought it would. I was going to take brownies for dessert, and I left them sitting out on the counter. Not a good thing in this house. You have to put a sign on things you don't want eaten around here... PLEASE DO NOT EAT THESE. THEY ARE NOT FOR YOU! But, I didn't. There were two left. Not enough. I ran to the store and picked up a cheesecake. When I took it to the family they were so excited to get cheesecake, so maybe it was for the best!

Creepy Thing of the Day: Pokemon can talk! Josh was watching TV in the other room and started bursting out laughing. I asked him what was so funny. "The Pokemon are talking!!!" I guess there is a cartoon where the Pokemon actually talk. But only when they are by themselves... not around humans. Weird.

Good email of the day: A friend sent me an email with "45 natural highs" listed, sort of like my 100 things that make me happy post. Several of them rang true with me.
4. No lines at the supermarket.
5. A special glance.
16. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.
22. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.
23. Laughing at an inside joke.
25. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
36. Making chocolate chip cookies.
39. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.
43. Knowing that somebody misses you.
Numbers 5, 22, 23 and 39 have happened to me recently, and let me tell you, it was a natural high!

Funny quote of the day: Lord keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth!

Realization of the day: Sometimes I talk to darn much. Others can't get a word in edgewise. I miss turns because I'm talking and not paying attention to where I'm driving. I also think I use the word "so" too much.

Trivia of the day: There have been over 345 Billion Oreo cookies sold. If you stacked them on top of each other it would reach the moon and back over 5 and a half times!

1 Comments:

At 9/13/2006 6:33 PM, Blogger Mrs. Olsen said...

I'm impressed that so many of those brownies were eaten with only two boys left in the house. I guess there's a lesson in there that I can learn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home