Monday, November 13, 2006

Cell Phone Envy

I need a new cell phone. Okay, I don't really NEED one, I just want one. Mine is several years old. I can update for free at anytime I want to extend my contract. The problem is, I don't like any of the phones out there. I like my phone. It's just sorta beat up. I have the Nokia 6800.
I love how you can open it up and have a qwerty keyboard. (By the way, what a fun and easy word to type with one finger... qwerty!) I can check emails and even type things without having to use that cumbersome number pad. Alas, they don't make this phone anymore. So sad. But they do have a new one that is even better! The e70.
Unfortunately, it's just recently been approved to sell in the USA and so it's mighty costly, running around $450. But it's so cool. It has just about everything you'd ever need in a cell phone that acts like a pda. Can I justify the cost? After all, it's a mp3 player (with upgradable memory) and it's a 2 megapixal camera. It has bluetooth, wlan and a host of regular phone features. I think I can wait for it to be mainstream, and in the meantime, hang on to old faithful. After all, my old phone still works just fine.

3 Comments:

At 11/13/2006 1:47 PM, Blogger Mrs. Olsen said...

We just got Walter a new cell phone because his not working. I don't like spending money when if you get a new plan the phone is free! :(

 
At 11/14/2006 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang with Old Faithful until you get a sweet deal on the e70. Your phone is still kicking, so there's no reason to drop it yet. I want a phone with Bluetooth, but I won't be able to justify it until my current phone, which I like very much, starts to fade.

Alternatively, you could put your phone through the wash like Kristen and then HAVE to get the new phone. :-) But you probably shouldn't.

 
At 11/16/2006 12:03 PM, Blogger Kiki said...

Hey, I had to get a cheap used phone when I put my phone through the wash. None of that new bluetooth gizmo stuff for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home