Sunday, September 02, 2007

Send Chocolate...

I feel like I'm lost in another world, another time dimension, another something. My mind is somewhere else almost all the time, and the real world, the world of my family is way in the background. My mind is in inverted imperfect half cadences, and in Henry VIII's court (and Anne Bolelyn... did you know she had 6 fingers and three, ahem, breasts?!?!), and in Hawthorne's world of Young Goodman Brown, and correct spelling and no run-on sentences... well I screwed up there didn't I? My mind is in the world of Telemann's f minor flute sonata, and Kujala and de la Sonorite, and Debussy and Blue Shades and random run's in Kennan's Night Soliloquy. I'm having trouble thinking about anything else... let alone doing laundry, washing dishes (not that I ever did that job), fixing meals, vacuuming, cleaning toilets. Please, nobody come to my house right now.

I do have two "forced" meeting times with my son, though. I pick him up from school twice a week. (I know, only twice?) We were driving home from school one afternoon and had a *discussion* about how he needed to be outside waiting for me as I had to get home for flute lessons, and he said "why don't you just let someone else take me home? Then I wouldn't have to rush." My response? "Ah, then we wouldn't have these special bonding moments!" Josh has gotten the teenage rolling eyes response down pat.

2 Comments:

At 9/02/2007 11:36 AM, Blogger Becca said...

No visiting? Even from your granddaughter? :)

 
At 9/28/2007 11:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Chocolate duly sent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home