Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Words

I haven't been feeling the inspiration to blog until I read someone else's blog today. One of my favorite scrapbook artists is Ali Edwards. I love her life outlook, her creative ideas, her simplicity, and her talent. For the past couple of years she has inspired others to do some really cool things that frankly are way beyond just *scrapbooking*. One thing she does is come up with a word for the upcoming year. I've been thinking of doing this and have had trouble coming up with just one word. She even has a whole list of words to pick from that others have used in case you get stuck.

And then it struck me.

Brave.

That's my word of the year. And then I thought "Be Brave" and a whole list of some of the *B* words struck a chord with me.

Baby- Got a new grandbaby on the way!
Back- Get my back fixed and be able to live pain free once again.
Balance- got to work on that physically and mentally.
Be- yeah. Trying to accept me.
Bear- all things, hope all things...
Beautify- my home needs attention
Become- What? I'm not sure. Better, I guess. (ha- another B word!)
Begin- new beginnings are always good
Behold- sometimes I just need to stop and take a look
Believe- I definitely need to believe in myself a little more, and strengthen my beliefs
Blaze- new trails?
Blessed- count my blessings
Blog- anyone think I should blog more?
Bloom- where you are planted
Breathe- Oh yeah. I need this one. I find myself taking deep breaths just to get through the day.
Brighten- Too much darkness
Build- relationships

It's a little ironic that someone whose is possessed with the letter A, or at least in making straight A's, would lower herself to choosing the letter B. Perhaps someday, in honor of my children who tell me "it's okay to make a B, Mom", I will make that B.

So this year, instead of a list of New Years Resolutions, how about just picking a "word of the year"?

What's your word?

Here's to being Brave.

1 Comments:

At 12/22/2018 2:16 AM, Blogger SS Vermicompost Industry said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful article. I always visit your blog... Organic Manure in Tamilnadu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home