Sunday, May 03, 2009

I Am Going to BLOG Today

Blogging? What's that? Has Facebook replaced my blogging habits? Why do I never blog anymore? Do I still read blogs? These questions, and any more that may come up, will be answered...

What's blogging? Blogging is a web based journal of sorts that people have to actually go to to read. Unlike Facebook where your status is broadcast to all your *friends*, with blogging your friends have to actually seek you out. And I think Facebook status updates have become the lazy man's blog. Or maybe I feel with my blog I have to be creative. No, that's not it. Facebook status updates demand a sort of creativity, only packed into a tiny one liner. Maybe it's the shortness of FB that makes it easier. Or maybe I never blog anymore because of time constraints placed upon me by desire to totally immerse myself into this full-time college student trying to keep her 4.0 thing. Hmmm... I think I'm on to something.

I do still read blogs. My daughtered clued me into RSS feeds and that makes it easy to read the blogs I like to follow. So I think blogging has not died for me. It's still important, but I just haven't had the time. So now that I have a breather... let's blog.

Today's subject: Inspiration.

Here are some random things that have inspired me lately...

The Shack, by William Paul Young. I was curious about this book after my therapist recommended it to me. Yes, I go to a therapist, but that is another story for another time. She wasn't sure if it was something that would offend me with it's strange slant on some Christian beliefs, mainly the concept of God, but she had been inspired by this book. So I borrowed it from a friend (Thanks Jennie) and have tried to read it off and on for the past three months. The author included an anonymous quote I could really identify with:
Growth means change, and change involves risk, stepping from the known to the unknown.

Ali Edwards. This woman just inspires me. One of my favorite parts of her blog is the "Inspired by" sections. (Thus, this blog). Ali Edwards is creativity... her whole life emits a creative force. I am inspired by her blog, by her photography, by her stewardship to the planet, by her mini-books, by her home decor, by her love for cardigan sweaters and by her love for her family.

Quotes. A quote I read today hit home with me... "Once in a while you have to take a break and visit yourself." (Audrey Giorgi) Find yourself a source of inspirational quotes and check them out every now and again. Some of my favs: Inspirational Sparks and The Quotation Page.

Lindsay. My little granddaughter is an inspiration to me as she reminds me that this is what life is all about: Love, relationships, family, giggles, hugs and hide and go seek. And as we get close to Mother's Day I just want to say that my daughter Rebecca inspires me with her mothering skills. She is a great mom. I am so proud of her.

The store World Market. So much fun! I could spend hours there. I bought some Digestives. They are yummy British cookies with the funniest name!

I could keep going but I'll stop at five. I'm glad I can look around me and find inspiration in my life.

2 Comments:

At 5/06/2009 10:25 AM, Blogger Becca said...

Hmm... I'm glad you think so! My scheme is working!

 
At 6/05/2009 6:04 PM, Blogger Katy said...

I love Digestives too!

Also, Oliver calls hide and seek "hide and sneak".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home