Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hurricane Foretold?

We survived Katrina with just minor branches blown down in our yard. A few neighbors had some trees down, and there were pockets of power down. Bryan's friend Jeremy, and a couple of kids in my seminary class were without power for two days. But this is nothing compared to the Gulf Coast. And New Orleans, I don't think it will ever be the same. How can it? What is really creepy is this article I ran across by National Geographic. http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0410/feature5/
But hopefully there won't be 50,000 dead like the article says. I was complaining about the price of gas this morning to my husband and he said "at least we don't live in New Orleans." Count your blessings. Then share your blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home