Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Five Days...

Five days until Christmas. As a child I would have been going bonkers. I loved looking forward to Christmas, and I guess I still do. But now my excitement is geared toward the giving. As a kid I would dream of what Santa would bring. Even as a teenager I couldn't wait to see what "Santa" had brought. After I had children, it all shifted to the giving. And I truly enjoy giving. I look forward to seeing the joy on the faces of my kids and husband as they open presents I have picked out for them. It's nice to still look forward to Christmas.

It's nice to have something, anything, to look forward to.

I'm looking forward to having all my children home together.
I'm looking forward to eating yummy cookies.
I'm looking forward to playing games together with family.
I'm looking forward to watching some movies.
I'm looking forward to the after Christmas sales.
I'm looking forward to a new year.
I'm looking forward to finishing some books I've been reading.
I'm looking forward to finishing the Book of Mormon.
I'm looking forward to rehearsing with Twickenham Winds again, and performing in another concert.
I'm looking forward to winter. (Tomorrow is the first official day of Winter.) No, not really. I'm looking forward to the end of winter, eventually!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home