Thursday, December 15, 2005

Ten days...

Just ten more shopping days boys and girls. (9 for those of us who don't shop on Sunday!) But I don't need all of them because I only have one thing left to buy! Well, maybe I will, the way I shop. Darn that frugal comparison shopper in me. What can't I just go in a store and buy what I need and then get out???

I'm not counting grocery shopping. That is a monster in and of itself. I have lots of food to buy for all the people we'll have here over the next couple of weeks. For some reason all the details of what makes Christmas come together are really shouting out at me this year. Did it always take this much time and effort to make an enjoyable Christmas for our family? No. But life was more simple then. (ha!)

So, did I get anything done yesterday? Most was checked off before I posted my blog. I never even touched the Christmas cards. But everything else on my list was pretty much accomplished.

Today's list
*Sleep in (no seminary!...does 7:30 am count as sleeping in?)
*Write in blog (check)
*Put away the laundry folded in piles all over my family room. (done! okay-- confession: I just moved them into a laundry basket and put in my room. Will work on that!)
*Have the boys wrap their presents (not yet)
*Go to Lowe's and buy big boy toys (check!)
*Find Christmas card list of addresses, address envelopes and sign cards. (ummm-- still no.)

--side note here-- I just got a letter/card in the mail today and had to look twice at the letter dated December 2004. I checked the postmark and it was 2005, but after further reading realized they were sending last's letter that never made it out with this years letter. Better late than never!

*Print Christmas Letter. (still not yet-- but I'm ready to print them out as soon as I put in a new ink cartridge)
*Mail out of town packages (check)
*Buy Christmas stamps (they were all out at the PO I went to)
*Make final meal plans and make list of food to buy for Saturday's party
*Deposit flute checks in bank
*Go to bed early

I do have to say that I got more accomplished than I thought I would today. My mother-in-law called and said they were coming down this afternoon and was I doing anything? So I invited her to spend the afternoon with me while my father-in-law went to a Boeing reunion. I got most of what I wanted to do done, with a nice bonus lunch spent with MIL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home