Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Four Days

Ummmm. Yeah. I am one of the most forgetful people I know. At least I don't remember anyone being as forgetful as me. I forget appointments, meetings, people's names. I forget to go visiting teaching, to make appointments and to pay bills (not very often though--- I think I've got a handle on that one-- automatic deduction!). I didn't used to be so forgetful. I could remember everyone's names. I was so organized with my little Franklin planner. My kids were where they were supposed to be at the right time and so was I.

I've often wondered to what should I attribute this loss of memory. (Sometimes it's scary- I have whole blanks of time I can't remember. Most of the time it's just forgetting why I came into a room.) I can trace it back to two things: One, the birth of my fourth child. They say you lose brain cells in the placenta- I'm beginning to believe it now. Second, the introduction of the internet into our home.

I'm a researcher. Trouble is, now, I read so much and how so much information in my brain I can't remember where I read it or who to attribute it too. Maybe I should go back to a simpler life.

Nah. Then I wouldn't have this blog that nobody reads. Or Josh.


Quote for today:
"It is not enough to be busy; so are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?" - Henry David Thoreau

2 Comments:

At 12/22/2005 8:15 AM, Blogger Kiki said...

Good one, Mom. I hope that this feedback makes you feel good. :)

 
At 12/22/2005 8:19 AM, Blogger word sneezer said...

Nothing like a sincere comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home