Saturday, September 16, 2006

16 Sept

Today I'm blogging from Franklin, Tennessee. I came up to visit my very pregnant daughter and do some last minute baby shopping. She finally decided on what crib she wanted so we picked that up after an excruciatly long wait for them to pull it. Then we started wondering "how is it going to fit in the Maxima?" Well, this is how. We put it AND Peter in the back seat.

Guess where we ate lunch? Here's a hint...



Mmmmmmm. Lemon Chicken.


And the requisite fortune cookies. Kristen are you jealous?

After the delicious lunch and shopping for Baby, we went to a church party. Rebecca introduced me to her friends and I got lots of "NO, you can't be her mother," or "I thought you were her sister". Made me feel great, once again. I need to come up here more often! Here we are at the party. Do you like my new shorter haircut?



On the way up here a funny thing happened. I had to drop something off to someone in Madison and ran into hundreds and hundreds of motorcycles. It turns out the "Trail of Tears" was going through town and I got stuck in the middle of it. At one point I was unsuccessfully trying to turn left onto the main road. I noticed in my rear view windown about 8 bikers. And they kinda scary! But much to my surprise, after I thought they were getting impatient with me, one guy went to my left and stopped the traffic coming from the left, and one guy went on my right and stopped the traffic coming the other way. And then they waved me through with a smile. Friendly bikers do exist!

And then on the way up I saw this sign...

Which is what the baby will be called! It was a fun day. And since I'm blogging this from Nashville, I still have to make the 2 hour drive back home. Here's hoping for friendly bikers and drivers and a safe trip home!

1 Comments:

At 9/16/2006 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. But I did go to California Pizza Kitchen today, which is possibly the best gourmet pizza place ever. And it's rignt across from P.F. Chang's, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home