Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Surf and Turf

I think finally, after all these years, I am turning into a pretty good cook.

Tonight, I finally perfected the art of cooking a steak. Perfection. My hubbie said it was even better than Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, and that is saying alot! They key is buying a good steak to begin with. I spent 21 dollars on 4 steaks, but boy, yum-o.

We also had a delicious salad that I made up. I took roma tomatos, chunky sliced and quartered, poured balsamic vinegar (that I bought in Modena, Italy) and EVOO (that I bought at Walmart!) over it, sprinkled some herbes de provence (that I bought in Provence) and then added Feta cheese and cooked peeled and deveined shrimp. Mixed it all together added some freshly ground pepper and served over a bed of mixed greens. I have learned that quality ingredients make for quality food.

This was a great meal and did not involve waiting for 1 1/2 hours to get a seat at a good restaurant on this busy Valentine's evening.

For dessert, a giant heart shaped homemade chocolate chip cookie.

And the Dove Dark Chocolate candies I found on my computer this morning. What a nice Valentine's Day!

1 Comments:

At 2/14/2007 7:17 PM, Blogger Mrs. Olsen said...

To steal Becca's word, that sounds FABULOUS! It also sounds like you like Rachel Ray. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home