Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Ahhhh... There's nothing like the beach

Here we are on an almost deserted island. Fall is a wonderful time to go to the beach. When our school system announced that we would have a Fall break in October, much like our Spring break in March, I had mixed feelings. It meant pushing school up a week earlier than an already awful mid August start. (We started school August 8th this year.) But I tell you, sitting here at an uncrowed beach with very nice weather... I'm thinking I can handle that early start. Summer seems so short, but now we have an opportunity to go somewhere when crowds are low and temperatures are, well, temperate. Rooms are cheapers yet the view is the same.

As I write this, I'm sitting with my laptop on our private balcony, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The dunes are covered with swaying sea oats, and beyond them you can see the tide going out as the waves splash against the shore. The boys are out making their sand castles and forts and sea walls to protect them. What a life!

Today the weather has been overcast, so the temps have been lower. I had to come in because I was chilly in just a swimsuit/coverup. On the beach it gets very windy. We have a small kite that we just attached to a beach chair, and the wind just keeps it flying high.

Yesterday we saw dolphins playing out past the breakers. The sun was out, but luckily, no one got sunburned. Not even the two red heads. So far, a very enjoyable vacation!

2 Comments:

At 10/13/2005 6:57 PM, Blogger Kiki said...

You didn't write this just to make me green with envy did you, Mom?

 
At 10/14/2005 12:51 AM, Blogger Beata said...

Ah! I'm so jealous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home