Thursday, September 21, 2006

Do You Remember, The 21st Night of September?

Do you remember the 21st night of September?
Love was changing the minds of pretenders
While chasing the clouds away


Ba de ya - say do you remember

Ba de ya - dancing in September

Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day

Ba de ya - say do you remember

Ba de ya - dancing in September

Ba de ya - golden dreams were shiny days


Earth, Wind and Fire. I loved that group when I was in college. I remember I had the album this song was on on an eight track tape. Yes, an eight track. My roommates and I would crank the stereo up really loud and clean our apartment to the music of Earth, Wind and Fire. Those were the days.

Today was a day I could have used some really loud music. It was a down day. I wasn't feeling well.

But it was a beautiful day. I think September is my new favorite month. The blue skies, the mild days. Absolutely perfect days. Weather-wise, at least!

And I spent my hour walking inside a gym, thinking the whole time I should be outside in the great outdoors. But it felt good to be back at the gym. I haven't been back since I finished the fitness challenge. The motivation was gone. But hey, I got my free tee-shirt! And I did go back today!

Today, I was proud of my son. He took part in a school service project, passing out gatorade to the kids who participated in the Autumn Chase. It makes me happy to know that my kids like to serve others.

Great photo of the day:

This was taken by Joshua. On the way to the fun run he looked up in the sky and said: "hey, there's a question mark in the sky!" I had no idea what he was talking about, and when I came to a stop I looked up and sure enough! A question mark in the sky. It sort of reflected my mood for the day.

Today is the International Day of Peace.
So, peace out.

1 Comments:

At 9/21/2006 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. It's very chilly here. And I had a nosebleed three times today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home