Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My Sister's Birthday

Good Blogging Related Quote of the Day:
"Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it, write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it." --Jesse Stuart

Just a reminder: I blog to suit myself.

Today is my sister Gael's birthday. Happy Birthday Gael! I won't tell everybody how old you are. But I will say she is older than me. Almost a decade older. ;-)

It's also Erin's birthday, a mentally handicapped girl I know. She's 24. I made her a simple scrapbook page. She loves the color purple.When I picked Joshua up from clarinet lessons he wanted a Frosty. We were going to drop off Erin's present while we were in the neighborhood, but she wasn't home, so we went to Wendy's and decided to eat dinner there. I was nice to myself, as the cup commands.

You can't really read all of it because of the curve, but it says: Do something nice for yourself, something rich and smooth and chocolaty, etc. So I did. I ate a Frosty. Did you know they have vanilla Frosties now? That's just wrong. Oooh. I just had a deja vu. Did I already blog about vanilla Frosties?


Anyway, Josh had a lovely meal, and dipped his fries in his Frosty. Wierd. And yes, I had fries, too. But I don't dip mine in anything.

We took Erin's present over, and then brought home a sandwich and Frosty for Marc. Didn't want to not be nice to him! Of course, by the time we stopped by Erin's party, got some cake to bring home, and visited, it was more like very cold chocolate milk. Ooops.

Great news!
They are FINALLY paving the street! Hopefully this sign will be down in the next couple of days. And then we will have a very smooth road.I bought new rechargeable batteries today. I've been using regular ones and with all the daily photography sessions I've been having, my camera has been eating batteries up!Funny:
My husband doesn't usually say funny things. He thinks he's funny, but usually it's, um, not. But tonight he said a good one.

Marc was in the family room *patiently* helping Joshua with his Algebra. I was reading the news online and noticed that today is ADHD awareness day. So I say outloud: "Hey, today is ADHD Awareness Day!" Without missing a beat, Marc says: "I'm VERY aware!"

Weird Question of the Day:
From the mind of Josh... Why do you cough when stick a q-tip in your ear? Anyone got the answer to that? Does that even happen to anyone???

3 Comments:

At 9/20/2006 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about the coughing thing; I don't think I do that. But I do know that my roommate Lindsay looks very funny when she sticks a q-tip in each ear at the same time. Kinda like this: -O- (Imagine the circle as Lindsay's head)

 
At 9/21/2006 4:58 AM, Blogger Beata said...

I like your scrapbook birthday gift! That's such a good idea.

 
At 9/21/2006 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must come to your husband's rescue. I think he's quite funny, as long as he's not making puns. The rest of the time he's hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home