Friday, September 22, 2006

22nd of Sept

Breaking News: Rebecca called today and said she broke down and set up an inducement on her due date. She was going to wait it out, but decided what the heck... Why not make it convenient? (She also wanted her baby born in the month of September.) So, unless Baby decides to come before next Wednesday, I will be a Grandma on the 27th!

Today I had lunch with my friend (and roomie in Italy) Susan. It's great to have girlfriend time. We went to Moe's, which is a great and fun place to eat. I had a chicken quesadilla. Yum! Of course that meant I wouldn't be fixing dinner. I'm always too full after eating lunch out. Besides, nobody would be home for dinner. Home Alone tonight!

Bryan called and said he was going to go directly to the high school football game since that's the only time he will probably have to see a game. Hubbie was going on a scout campout. And Josh was going to be gone for the evening too. So... after I dropped Josh off at the church, I stopped by the library. I picked up 8 paperback novels from the Friends of the Library bookstore. Can't beat .25 a piece! I was ready for some free time in an empty house.

Today's Gas Price: $2.16 a gallon
I filled up the car with gas, and the price was great! It only took $40 to fill up this time.


When I came home, I found out there were severe weather warnings. So Marc's overnighter was cancelled. Now I feel guilty with all these books. So I only pulled out one. This one: Lady Sarah's Charade. When I have some spare time, and I'm feeling the need to be entertained without too much thinking, I read a Regency Romance novel. They are from the "Jane Austen" time period, and they are tame. An easy, quick read.

We decided to watch a little tv, and after flipping through the channels and not really seeing anything I wanted to watch, I tossed the remote to Marc, and opened my book. He found "Deal or No Deal" and watched until she was down to two briefcases... $500,000 or $1,000,000. And then the local channel interupted with a tornado warning. Ahhh! I know it's important to warn people, but show where the danger is, and then get back to the show! I'm not usually this interested in prime time tv, (okay, I admit I did watch the Gray's Anatomy premiere last night to see what the fuss was about), but I just want to know if she won the million dollars or not! So if anybody else watched it and knows, let us know!

Movie of the Day: Phantom of the Opera. The music in that is just amazing, especially at the end with the singing of three different songs at the same time. I cranked it up loud on our home theater system and it was wonderful!

3 Comments:

At 9/22/2006 10:01 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Just to clarify, I didn't have a break down, I just gave in. :)

 
At 9/24/2006 4:17 PM, Blogger Mrs. Olsen said...

I see you are a Gray's Anatomy fan, so this might interest you: the black lady on the show's (I don't watch it!) daughter goes to my school. So I see her most days picking up her daughter!

 
At 9/24/2006 8:05 PM, Blogger word sneezer said...

Technically I'm not a Greys' Anatomy fan, since I've only watched it once. But it was kind of a fun show. I'm not a "have to watch my show" type of girl though. I don't generally like prime time shows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home