Saturday, September 23, 2006

9/23/06

Today was a long day. I slept in, took a shower, spent a couple of minutes on the 'puter, then headed out.

Stopped by Chick-fil-a to get some lemonade. Man, I love that stuff.

Dictionary.com word of the day: solace- comfort in grief.

Headed to the church to conduct my first meeting as Stake Seminary Supervisor. I did okay. Didn't forget anything like I did in Relief Society.

It was a good meeting. I heard a good quote: (don't know the source, but it was said about the Latter-day Saints.)
"We Remember the Past, and Anticipate the Future."

Next, we had a dinner with over 250 women. We were served ham, green beans, baked potato and a brownie for dessert. Then we went into the chapel for the broadcast from SLC. It was great.

Bryan is home for the weekend, but I haven't really even seen him. He's still not home for the night even as I type this after midnight. He's catching up with old friends. But I'm a good mom and went to the store after the broadcast and bought him some goodies. Hope he appreciates me. I realized I forgot the granola bars... which is ironic because that's really what I went in to get him in the first place!Guilty pleasure of the day: Malted Milk Balls. Eating these reminds me of my mom. She loved them. I love them. It was good to think about her and miss her. My mom would have turned 80 years old last month if she were still alive.

1 Comments:

At 9/24/2006 10:49 AM, Blogger Becca said...

It's funny: I like Whoppers just fine, but I still don't like the Easter Robin's eggs candy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home