Monday, September 25, 2006

Day 25



Today I took apart my computer. The geek in me couldn't stand it anymore. I wanted to see if I could fix my charging problem. My laptop doesn't like to charge. You plug it in and it won't keep contact. The light comes on and off, the little icon on the bottom right changes from "charging" to "battery" and mainly "your battery is low" or the unwelcome "critical battery!" So what's a nerd to do, but take off the back of her computer and see if she can figure out why it makes that funny noise. But, alas, no luck. I did find the motherboard, but can't figure out how to reach the part where the power plugs in. I flattened out the power input whole, and so it works a little better now. But I guess I will have to give in and take it to a professional.

Today was also flute lesson day, a day filled with music. I had one student who was absolutely fantastic today. She had prepared her music to almost perfection. We played a couple of duets together... her tone was great, her intonation fabulous, her vibrato very natural sounding. This is when I think "I love my job!" Actually, all of my students are doing very well right now. Of course those who actually PRACTICE what I ask them to do improve much faster than those who don't!

Dinner: Spaghetti and Meatball. Yes, Meatball. I only had one. It reminded of a few years ago when we went to Macaroni Grill and Joshua ordered "Spaghetti and Meatballs" off the children's menu. It was a plate of spaghetti with one Giant Meatball on top. So we laughed and said that it should have been called "Spaghetti and Meatball." Tonight I also had a salad with real blue cheese on it. Clumps of yumminess. No photos though!

No baby yet, but I'm getting ready to leave for Nashville. I'll go up Wednesday morning unless baby Lindsay decides to come earlier. I'm excited to be a grandmother! You can see a very pregnant Becca here on her blog.

1 Comments:

At 9/26/2006 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue cheese dressing, eh? More like "clumps of moldiness" than "clumps of yumminess."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home