Sunday, September 24, 2006

September 24th, 2006

Good Sunday Quote:
"My grandparents called it the "Holy Sabbath", my parents called it the "Sabbath", we call it "Sunday," and our kids call it the "weekend". --Henry Eyring

Sometimes is surprises me how philosophical my 13 year old can be. Today he said, totally out of the blue, "I can't wait for Christmas!" Then he said, "you know, we all are waiting for something. Rebecca's waiting for the baby. Kristen's waiting for marriage." It made me stop and think what is it that I'm waiting for? Am I waiting for my kids to grow up? I think I'm still waiting for me to grow up.

Bryan was home for the weekend and gone before I knew it. I cooked him a good old-fashioned meal, crockpot roast beef, before we sent him back to T-town. He's growing up, and doing a pretty good job at it. He seems more independent. He even said it wasn't a big deal transitioning. He says some of his friend's moms come down almost every weekend and bring quote-unquote "buttloads" of food to them. I apologized for not being a very attentive mother, but I've done this twice before. I'm not a smothering mothering type. But I made up for it with the "buttload" of food I gave him last night!



Dessert:
Cookies and Milk



















Since this entry is short on photos, I'll post some Europe pics. (Besides, you are probably getting tired of seeing food photos!)

This is in Aix en Provence, France at the studio of Paul Cezanne. It was, in one word, inspiring.

This photo below was hard to take because there was no good place to go to take the photo. But it is looking up to the north facing wall of windows. Cezanne wanted natural lighting, and inside (no photos allowed inside) it was wonderful lighting, perfect for an artist.


Paul Cezanne is famous in Aix. He even has a hotel named after him!

1 Comments:

At 9/25/2006 8:58 AM, Blogger Kiki said...

I didn't know that I was waiting for marriage. That kinda sounds like I'm a loser.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home